1.) Play store error 498
Sometimes, when you are downloading a handy app or your kid or sibling is after your life to download ‘GTA Vice City’ in the smartphone, you come across an error message on Google Play store which says
“Error 498 has occurred while communicating with the server.”
You get deeply vexed seeing this message and you try to restart the phone or delete certain items from your phone to free up the memory. You try to download the app again but in vain.
The possible reasons for this pop-up message might be-
- The size of the app that you’re trying to download is greater than the size of the device’s cache partition.
- The Google server from where you are downloading the app is under maintenance.
What should you do now? You need not worry because we shall be the Tony Padilla to your Clay Jensen and will suggest you ways to overcome this problem.
Method 1) Clearing Cache
Try clearing the cache. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Google Play Store > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
This may be handy in resolving the problem.
Method 2) Use WiFi to download the apps
Sometimes while using a data pack, the ISP (Internet Service Provider) creates a problem and thus the error message pops up. Using WiFi to download the application may also resolve the problem.
Method 3) Add a new Gmail account to the Play store
Try accessing Play store via a different Gmail account. Go to Settings > Accounts > Add new account. Finally, sign in to your alternate Gmail account.
This method could be an efficient troubleshooter.
Method 4) Uninstall and reinstall Google Play store
This is the most cliché method of resolving any problem related to an app, so why not try it?
2) YouTube Hacks
- Convert YouTube videos to gif by replacing ‘youtube’ with ‘gifyoutube’ in the URL, and paste it to your address bar.
- Download only the audio of YouTube videos by replacing ‘youtube’ with ‘listentoyoutube’ in the URL, and paste it to your address bar and also remove https:// from address bar.
- Bypass the age restriction on YouTube by replacing ‘youtube’ with ‘nsfwyoutube’ in the URL, and paste it to your address bar.
- Avoid watching unnecessary advertisements by replacing ‘youtube’ with ‘youtubeskip’ in the URL, and paste it to your address bar.
3) Use Google chrome as notepad
Use chrome as notepad by typing in data:text/html,<html contentditable> in the address bar and take down whatever notes you want to.
Bored, are you? Go to ‘Google Images’ and try searching the following keywords:
- Atari Breakout
- Do a barrel roll
- Google in 1998
- Zerg rush
To get more knowledge about technology, social media, Motivational story etc that should be useful to acquire. Please Subscribe on our blog site.