Why to Delete a Gmail Account?
You might want to delete your Gmail account because of several reasons. Be it because you no longer trust ‘Google’ with your account data and thus want it deleted or because you might have set up the address and account by mistake.
Well at the end of the day, the matter of fact is that you want to delete it. So, let me show you how to. All you need to do is stay tuned to this article and follow the steps:
Creating a Gmail account is quite a tedious job, especially setting a password. Yet, closing your account and deleting all the mails in it is pretty straightforward and quite an easy a task.
Delete Your Gmail Account
To cancel your gmail account and delete the associated Gmail address:
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Select ‘Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
- Click Delete Products.
Note: well, you can also choose ‘Delete Google Account and Data’ to remove your entire Google account (including your search history, Google Docs, AdWords and AdSense as well as other Google services).
- Then, select the Gmail account that you want to delete.
- Type the password to the account over -Enter your password.
- Click Next.
- Finally, click the trashcan icon (🗑) next to Gmail.
Tip: You can also copy your emails to another account, though possibly a new Gmail address.
Just enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account that you are closing under ‘Enter an email address’ in the ‘How you’ll sign in’ to Google dialog box.
Important: Make sure that you enter an email address to which you have an access. You need that email address to complete deleting your account.
- Click Send Verification Email.
- Then, open the email from Google (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link in the message.
- If prompted or asked, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm your gmail account Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete email@example.com permanently from my Google Account.
- Click Delete Gmail.
Important: You cannot undo this step. After you click this, your account and messages are gone totally.
- Then, click Done.
What Happens to Emails that are in the Deleted Gmail Account?
- The messages would be deleted permanently. You can no longer access them in Gmail.
- If you downloaded a copy, either using Google Takeout or using an email program, then you can still use these messages, of course.
What Actually Happens to the Emails Sent to My Deleted Gmail Address?
People who would mail to your old Gmail address would receive back a delivery failure message. You might want to announce a new or alternate old address to desired contacts.
To get more knowledge about technology, social media, Motivational story etc that should be useful to acquire. Please Subscribe on our blog site.
If you like Sabka Bhai and would like to contribute, you can also write an article, mail us your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the Sabka Bhai main page with your name. We also provide amazing gifts to our regular contributor.